Auburn - WA
Brett has been a full-time coach for the past 17 years, and has taught all levels of gymnasts, from recreational classes to the top elite athletes. His experience and expertise are only matched by his dedication to the sport, and those he works with.
- Current USA National Team Coach. Brett is privileged to coach Shilese Jones (2022 World Championships Silver Medalist in the All-Around and Uneven Bars, 2023 Wold Championships Bronze Medalist in the All-Around and Uneven Bars, 2022 and 2023 World Championships Team Gold Medalist, 2023 USA National Uneven Bar Champion, 2022 USA National Champion on FX and UB, USA Senior Elite National Team Member). Has also assisted in developing two other Jr Elite US Championships Qualifiers.
- Brett has also been privileged to coach multiple National Champion athletes in the JO/Development Program at level ten (8 All-Around, 10 Uneven Bars) and level nine (6 All-Around, 8 Uneven Bars). Also multiple Nastia Liukin Cup Qualifiers including one AA Champion.
- Has had a multitude of athletes earn full-ride scholarships at the Division 1 level of NCAA Gymnastics.
- His and Sarah’s leadership in Ascend Gymnastics (the home base of Best Darn Gymnastics) helped garner the award of 2022 USAG National Program of the Year. This was the first time a Region 2 program has been awarded this prestigious title. Ascend was also named the 2021, '22 and '23 Region 2 Program of the Year.
- Brett was named the Region 2 Contributor of the Year for 2022
- Brett created the Wild Card/All-Star Session (Individual Event Qualification system) at Level 10 Nationals, inaugural session held in 2022.
- Equipment designer/inventor and patent holder, designing equipment that is being manufactured and sold by Tumbl Trak, including his first design to market, the Porcupine Pad (a training aid for Uneven Bars). The Mountain Bar System came out in June of '23 and has become another impactful training tool for gyms around the country and world.
- Has held multiple positions of leadership within the gymnastics community including the Michigan-State Administrative Committee (level rep), Region 5-Camp Committee rep and Region 2-Advisory Committee.
- Numerous gym clinics, camps, state and regional congresses have all benefitted from his experience and knowledge with Brett joining as both a lecturer and head-clinician.